Exceed Your Limits!

One Step and One Day at a Time!







Saturday, January 1, 2011

I'm BAAAAAACK!

Happy New Year Everyone!  I am ramping up to more substantive posts now that I have had my little boy (born October 29, 2010 weighing in at 10lbs 2 oz and 22.5 inches long!).  I wanted to make everyone aware of some deals I saw this past week!  First, Costco had a whole host of Jillian Michaels fitness dvds for 7.99.  I picked up the 30 Day Shred and 6 Week Ab DVD.  I like Jillian Michaels and LOVE the fact that her workouts are 20 - 30 minutes long so they are easy to fit in. 

Second, in the Northwest, Fred Meyer had some really nice hand weights (coated with handles) on sale this past week.  I suspect nationally you can find similar sales in the new year.  Investing in some cheap handweights will allow you to expand your workouts at home for cheap.  Of course, you can also use soup cans, canned fruit, etc, as handweights for almost free if you keep a stocked pantry!  I just decided to splurge on some weights with little handles that are easier to manage!

I look forward to catching up this New Year as I once again begin my journey from the Glider Rocker to the Finish Line!

So, in the spirit of finding more excellent exercise DVDs - what are your favorite DVDs? 

One other idea:  Have a weekly or bi-weekly workout girls' hour - get together with friends and try out each other's exercise videos - we all have them, and joining in with friends and making it a social event will cause us to actually USE them!  And, maybe share a healthy recipe as a post workout snack!

No comments: