Exceed Your Limits!

One Step and One Day at a Time!







Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's Like a Mental Hurricane!

As I reach just a few days before my first race (which is really my two legs of a two person relay team), my mind is like a hurricane, swirling with all kinds of irrational self doubt.  I started off saying I would be pleased if I just finished, but that sense of peace and goal of self confidence and just plain sense of accomplishment is gone.  Instead I am filled with jitters, butterflies, negative self talk and this image of me crashing into another cyclist at the ONLY left turn on the whole bike course.  I NEED to turn this around - PLEASE let me turn this around. 

In all honesty, I was going to do a "Turn It Around" post today, but I just was unable to put the strength into the "turn" part.  I am just downright nervous now.  It has to get better.  So, in honor of Turn It Around Tuesday, maybe some of my readers and followers can help by doing a Turn It Around of their own in the comments.  If you missed my first Turn It Around post and don't know what I am talking about, check it out HERE.  In the meantime, I will keep working on it!

And, DON'T FORGET to enter our very First Giveaway for the Lunch Tote from Thirty-One Gifts, the deadline is Thursday!

No comments: