Exceed Your Limits!

One Step and One Day at a Time!







Friday, June 24, 2011

Update on Search for the Perfect Shoe and Running Outside of the Box!

Guess what?  I didn't fall off the treadmill.  I did, however, get sized for running shoes.  The whole process was relatively painless, although I have to admit running barefoot on a treadmill where others run barefoot kind of freaked me out.  Basically, the process measures your foot size (apparently I have been sizing my shoes to small!) and evaluating how you distribute weight on your foot and then how your foot performs when running.  There were no major surprises except that while standing still I actually have arches!  When I run, however, I have extreme pronation, which I knew.  So, I am in a stability shoe, and still went with the Asics brand.  I have liked them overall. 

I ran today during lunch, since I slept through my run this morning!  I had planned on running around my office in a few loops of the streets within a half mile.  However, my boss persuaded me not to do that but instead take a 10 minute drive to a safer area that is on Commencement Bay.  Oh, it was glorious.  So beautiful and truly reminded me why I wanted to return to the Northwest - I was so thankful my boss pushed me to think outside the box and actually find a nice spot to run.  And, I did the entire run at my best per mile pace yet!  I bet it is the new shoes, they just make me faster!!!  Actually, it probably has more to do with the fact that I ran 4 miles with people the other night at my training that are faster runners than I and I was able to pace myself with them and see where I needed to be.  Just a bit more improvement and I will get my 5K in under 30 minutes.  I don't think it will happen by the time I do my relay since I have to taper a bit next week.

And, more exciting news - I have my FIRST giveaway coming up - Keep an eye out over the weekend I will put all the details on here, but think: Creative and Healthy Meal planning!

No comments: